astaghfirullah rabbi min kulli in Arabic text
Here’s the dua in Arabic,
أسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ رَبي مِنْ كُلِ ذَنبٍ وَأتُوبُ إلَيهِ
Transliteration: Astaghfirullah rabbi min kulli zambiyon wa atoobu ilaiyh
Translation: I ask forgiveness of my sins from Allah who is my Lord and I turn towards Him.
Allah sent a message to Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) in Surah Muhammad ayat 19 and reminded him, “So know, [O Muhammad], that there is no deity except Allah and ask forgiveness for your sin and for the believing men and believing women. And Allah knows of your movement and your resting place.”
And in Hadith 3259 At Tirmidhi “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Indeed I ask Allah for forgiveness seventy times a day.”
This is the Prophet of Allah, the man who Jannah is guaranteed, still having the humility to ask Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala for forgiveness seventy times a day. According to other narrations it is reported as high as hundred times daily.
Perhaps we would do well if we recited this dua among others frequently throughout the day.
Warning About False Hadith:
The Arabic wording and translation of the rabbi min kulli zambi dua are correct and can be said to ask Allah for forgiveness.
However, in researching for authentic source for this dua, we came across many viral posts on Facebook and Twitter which have been shared hundreds of times spreading false information.
Here’s the hadith which is being spread:
Hadith in Question:
The prophet (PBUH) said:
“Oh Ali! do not sleep before you do five things:
1. Reading the entire Holy Quran.
2. Giving 4000 dirham in charity.
3. Visiting the holy Ka’aba.
4. Preserving your place in paradise.
5. Reconciling the enemies.
Then Ali, May Allah be pleased with him, said: “Oh Allah’s Apostle! How shall I do this?” the prophet (PBUH) said: “Do not you know that:
1. If you read Surat “Qul Huwa-allahu Ahad” three times, you will be rewarded as if you read the entire Quran.
2. If you read Surat (Al-Fatiha) four times, you will be rewarded as if you gave 4000 dirham in charity.
3. If you say: “There is None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone without associate, to Him belongs sovereignty and praise, He gives life and causes death and He is over all things wholly capable” ten times, you will be rewarded as if you visited the holy Ka’aba.
4. If you say: “there is no power nor might except with Allah, The Most High, The Supreme” ten times, you will be considered as if preserved your place in paradise.
5. If you say: “I seek the forgiveness of Allah who none has the right to be worshipped but Him, the Ever-lasting, the Self-subsisting and supporter of all, and I repent to Him” ten times, you will be rewarded as if you reconciled the enemies”.
Many of the posts fail to cite a source which alone should be a red flag.
Narrated `Ali: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire.” Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 106 In-book reference: Book 3, Hadith 48
We should recite this dua whenever we please, but do not attribute doing so because your following a teaching from a false hadith.
This would be bid’ah or man made innovation.
Thank you for the beautiful guidance you gave Allah and all praises to Almighty Allah.
Please lead us to Heaven.
Thank you brother. May Allah keep us all safe during these times.
thanks for false hadith
Jazak Allah for this Information, May Allah bless you!