This makes it perfect for children, new muslims, or those who just wish to increase their knowledge of the Quran.
In Sahih Bukhari Book 65, hadith number 4937 it says the person who masters the Quran by heart will be among the righteous scribes in Jannah. If a person has to exert himself and has a difficult time reading the Quran then his reward is said to be double. Alhamdulillah!
- 100% 100%
Support My Islam
Alhamdulillah, we've met this years Ramadan goal and it's because of readers like you who've shown their support for us and our mission. With a loyal group of monthly supporters we'll be able to complete multiple educational projects that will help millions of people across the world learn about Islam.
Here’s the list of the last 10 Surahs of Quran:
- 105: Surah Fil
- 106: Surah Quraysh
- 107: Surah Maun
- 108: Surah Kawthar
- 109: Surah Kafirun
- 110: Surah Nasr
- 111: Surah Masad
- 112: Surah Ikhlas
- 113: Surah Falaq
- 114: Surah Nas
2. أَلَمْ يَجْعَلْ كَيْدَهُمْ فِي تَضْلِيلٍ
3. وَأَرْسَلَ عَلَيْهِمْ طَيْرًا أَبَابِيلَ
4. تَرْمِيهِمْ بِحِجَارَةٍ مِنْ سِجِّيلٍ
5. فَجَعَلَهُمْ كَعَصْفٍ مَأْكُولٍ
- Alam tara kaifa fa’ala rabbuka bi ashaabil feel
- Alam yaj’al kai dahum fee tad leel
- Wa arsala ‘alaihim tairan abaabeel
- Tar meehim bi hi jaaratim min sij jeel
- Faja ‘alahum ka’asfim m’akool
- Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?
- Did He not make their plan into misguidance?
- And He sent against them birds in flocks,
- Striking them with stones of hard clay,
- And He made them like eaten straw.
Summary Suraf Fil: Surah Fil refer to the historical event that happened in the birth year of Prophet Muhammad (saws). A pagan army came to attack the Kaaba who were riding on the back of elephants. They were arrogant and stood no match against power of Allah, he destroyed their whole army with tiny birds who carried small stones and dropped them from the sky.
According to Imam Sadiq (as), the virtue of reciting the surah are “He who recites Surah Fil in his obligatory prayers, any level land, mountains or any clods of dirt will bear witness for him, on the Day of Judgement, that he has been one of the prayerful (believers). and on that Day, a herald calls saying, ‘You are right about My servant I accept your witness for him or against him Let him enter Paradise without Reckoning him. Verily, he is the one of whom he and his action I like.” 1
Surah Nas is about the human condition and how it’s always exposed to temptations of shaytan, jinns, and other men. The higher you climb the social hierarchy of wealth, fame, fortunes the greater the temptations will be to divert you from the straight path.
The Power or reciting Surah Ikhlas, Nas and Falaq
In the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (saws) it says he used to recite these three surahs for multiple occasions, before going to bed, when sick, protection from jinns, and as a prayer for remembrance of Allah.
Hadith On Reciting Before Bed:
Narrated ‘Aisha: Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surat Al-Ikhlas, Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face and front of his body. He used to do that three times.2
Reciting Last Surahs When Sick:
Narrated `Aisha: Whenever Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) became sick, he would recite Mu’awwidhat (Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An- Nas) and then blow his breath over his body. When he became seriously ill, I used to recite (these two Suras) and rub his hands over his body hoping for its blessings.3
Last Surahs For Protection From Jinns:
Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to seek protection against the evil of jinn and the evil eyes till Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas were revealed. After they were revealed, he took to them for seeking Allah’s protection and left everything besides them.4
Rememberance of Allah:
‘Abdullah bin Khubaib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to me, “Recite Surat Al-Ikhlas and Al- Mu’awwidhatain (Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas) three times at dawn and dusk. It will suffice you in all respects.” 5
- Majma’-al-Bayan. vol. 10. p. 539.
- USC-MSA web (English) Sahih Bukhari Reference: Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 536
- USC-MSA web (English) Reference: Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 535 (deprecated numbering scheme)
- [At- Tirmidhi] Book Riyad as-Salihin Arabic/English book reference: Book 9, Hadith 1015
- [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi] Book Riyad as-Salihin Arabic/English book Reference: Book 16, Hadith 1456