The surah the begins with Qul auzu bi rabbin falak is known as Surah Falaq and is the second last surah of the Quran. It is among one of the shortest surahs of the Quran with just 5 ayat which makes it easy for a Muslim to memorize and recite.
From the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) it’s was recited before going to bed and recommended to those who are seeking refuge and protection in Allah, away from Shaitan. But can also be said to protect oneself from the evil eye.
This surah is commonly recited along with Surah Nas and Surah Ikhlas based upon the hadith. Reciting the three together is said to suffice the reader in all respects.
qul a’udzu birabbil falaq
Below you can read the full surah with english translation, transliteration and in Arabic text.
Read qul auzu bi rabbin falak in Arabic text
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ
1. قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ ٱلْفَلَقِ
2. مِن شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ
3. وَمِن شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ
4. وَمِن شَرِّ ٱلنَّفَّٰثَٰتِ فِى ٱلْعُقَدِ
5. وَمِن شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ
Translation of Surah Falak
1. Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
2. From the mischief of created things;
3. From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
4. From the mischief of those who practise secret arts;
5. And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy.
1. Qul auzu bi rabbil-falaq
2. Min sharri ma khalaq
3. Wa min sharri ghasiqin iza waqab
4. Wa min sharri-naffaa-saati fil ‘uqad
5. Wamin sharri hasidin itha hasad
Reading Surah Falaq Before going to bed
In Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith 6319 Aisha reported that The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) before going to bed, used to blow on his hands while reciting the Mu’awwidhatayn (both Qul Auzu bi rabbin naas and qul auzu bi rabbil falaq) and then pass his hands over his body.
THE POWER OF THESE AYAT
In Jami At Tirmidhi 2902, Narrated Uqbah bin ‘Amir Al-Juhani: that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Some Ayat have been revealed to me the likes of which have not been seen: Qul A’udhu Birabbin-Nas until the end of the Surah and Qul A’udhu Birabbil-Falaq until the end of the Surah.
Reciting Falaq and Nas Three Times
Abdullah bin Khubaib reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to me, “Recite Surat Al-Ikhlas and Al- Mu’awwidhatain (Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas) three times at dawn and dusk. It will suffice you in all respects.” [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].