Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr: that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “It shall be said – meaning to the one who memorized the Qur’an – ‘Recite, and rise up, recite (melodiously) as you would recite in the world. For indeed your rank shall be at the last Ayah you recited.'” Grade : Hasan (Darussalam) English reference: Jami` at-Tirmidhi Vol. 5, Book 42, Hadith 2914
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Such a person as recites the Qur’an and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Qur’an by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.” Arabic reference: Sahih Bukhari Book 65, Hadith 4937
May Allah reward and make it easy for you on this journey to memorize the surahs of the Quran. It may be difficult for some but remember twice the rewards will be yours. So, don’t give up! Imagine the joy you will feel once you accomplish in memorizing these short surahs.
It will also make Namaz (Salat) more enjoyable and give you new ways to show your worship towards Allah (swt). The rewards of this are invaluable, you would have wished you had begun this process sooner. Below is a compilation of all the shortest surah from the Quran that have 10 ayats or less. This makes it perfect for young children, new Muslims, or those who just want to increase their ibadah and knowledge of the Quran.
List Of Short Surahs From Quran
Here’s a list of shortest surahs from the Quran (1-10 verses) from smallest to largest.
- An-Nasr (3 ayat)
- Al-Asr (3 ayat)
- Al-Kawthar (3 ayat)
- Al-Ikhlas (4 ayat)
- Quraysh (4 ayat)
- Al-Falaq (5 ayat)
- Al-Masad (5 ayat)
- Al-Fil (5 ayat)
- Al-Qadr (5 ayat)
- Al-Kafirun (6 ayat)
- Al-Nas (6 ayat)
- Al-Maun (7 ayat)
- Al-Bayyinah (8 ayat)
- Az-Zalzala (8 ayat)
- At-Takathur (8 ayat)
- Ash-Sharh (8 ayat)
- Al-Tin (8 ayat)
- Al-Humazah (9 ayat)
Learn Surah An Nasr
- Iza jaa-a nas rullahi walfath
- Waraayta annasa yadkhuloonafee deeni Allahi afwaja
- Fa sab bih bihamdi rabbika was taghfir, innahu kaana tawwaaba
- When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest
- And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes
- Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.
Learn Surah Al-Asr
- Wal Asr
- Innal insaana lafee khusr
- Illa allatheena aamanu wa ‘amilus saali haati wa tawa saw bil haqqi wa tawa saw bissabr
- By time
- Indeed, mankind is in loss,
- Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
Learn Surah Al-Kawthar
- Inna aAAtayna kaal kawthar
- Fa salli li rabbika wanhar
- Inna shani-aka huwa al-abtar
- Indeed, We have granted you, [O Muhammad], al-Kawthar.
- So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone].
- Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off.
Learn Surah Ikhlas
- Qul huwa Allahu ahad
- Allahu assamad
- Lam yalid wa lam yoolad
- Wa lam yakul-lahu kufuwan ahad
- Say, “He is Allah, [who is] One,
- Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
- He neither begets nor is born
- Nor is there to Him any equivalent.”
Learn Surah Quraysh
- Li-eelafi quraysh
- Eelafihim rihlata ashshita-iwassayf
- Fal y’abudu rabba haazal-bait
- Allazi at’amahum min ju’inw-wa-aamana hum min khawf
- For the accustomed security of the Quraysh-
- Their accustomed security [in] the caravan of winter and summer –
- Let them worship the Lord of this House,
- Who has fed them, [saving them] from hunger and made them safe, [saving them] from fear.
Learn Surah Falaq
- Qul a’uzoo bi rabbil-falaq
- Min sharri ma khalaq
- Wa min sharri ghasiqin iza waqab
- Wa min sharrin-naffaa-saati fil ‘uqad
- Wa min shar ri haasidin iza hasad
- Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
- From the mischief of created things;
- From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
- From the mischief of those who practise secret arts;
- And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy.
Learn Surah Masad
- Tab bat yadaa abee Lahabinw-wa tabb
- Maa aghna ‘anhu maaluhu wa ma kasab
- Sa yas laa naran zaata lahab
- Wam ra-atuhu hamma latal-hatab
- Fee jeediha hab lum mim-masad
- May the hands of Abu Lahab be ruined, and ruined is he.
- His wealth will not avail him or that which he gained.
- He will [enter to] burn in a Fire of [blazing] flame
- And his wife [as well] – the carrier of firewood.
- Around her neck is a rope of [twisted] fiber.
Learn Surah Fil
2. أَلَمْ يَجْعَلْ كَيْدَهُمْ فِي تَضْلِيلٍ
3. وَأَرْسَلَ عَلَيْهِمْ طَيْرًا أَبَابِيلَ
4. تَرْمِيهِمْ بِحِجَارَةٍ مِنْ سِجِّيلٍ
5. فَجَعَلَهُمْ كَعَصْفٍ مَأْكُولٍ
- Alam tara kaifa fa’ala rabbuka bi ashaabil feel
- Alam yaj’al kai dahum fee tad leel
- Wa arsala ‘alaihim tairan abaabeel
- Tar meehim bi hi jaaratim min sij jeel
- Faja ‘alahum ka’asfim m’akool
- Have you not considered, [O Muhammad], how your Lord dealt with the companions of the elephant?
- Did He not make their plan into misguidance?
- And He sent against them birds in flocks,
- Striking them with stones of hard clay,
- And He made them like eaten straw.
Learn Surah Qadr
- Innaa anzalnaahu fee lailatil qadr
- Wa maa adraaka ma lailatul qadr
- Lailatul qadri khairum min alfee shahr
- Tanaz zalul malaa-ikatu war roohu feeha bi izni-rab
bihim min kulli amr
- Salaamun hiya hattaa mat la’il fajr
- Indeed, We sent the Qur’an down during the Night of Decree.
- And what can make you know what is the Night of Decree?
- The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months.
- The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter.
- Peace it is until the emergence of dawn.
Learn Surah Kafirun
- Qul yaa-ai yuhal kaafiroon
- Laa a’budu ma t’abudoon
- Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona maa a’bud
- Wa laa ana ‘abidum maa ‘abattum
- Wa laa antum ‘aabidoona ma a’bud
- Lakum deenukum wa liya deen.
- Say, “O disbelievers,
- I do not worship what you worship.
- Nor are you worshipers of what I worship.
- Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
- Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
- For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.”
Learn Surah Nas
- Qul a’uzu birabbin naas
- Malikin naas
- Ilaahin naas
- Min sharril was waasil khannaas
- Al lazee yuwas wisu fee sudoorin naas
- Minal jinnati wan naas
- Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
- The Sovereign of mankind.
- The God of mankind,
- From the evil of the retreating whisperer
- Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind –
- From among the jinn and mankind.”
Learn Surah Maun
- Ara-aital lazee yu kazzibu bid deen
- Fa zaalikal lazi yadu’ul-yateem
- Wa la ya huddu ‘alaa ta’amil miskeen
- Fa wai lul-lil mu salleen
- Al lazeena hum ‘an salaatihim sahoon
- Al lazeena hum yuraa-oon
- Wa yamna’oonal ma’oon
- Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense?
- For that is the one who drives away the orphan
- And does not encourage the feeding of the poor.
- So woe to those who pray
- [But] who are heedless of their prayer –
- Those who make show [of their deeds]
- And withhold [simple] assistance.
Learn Surah Bayyinah
- Lam ya kunil lazeena kafaru min ahlil kitaabi wal mushri keena mun fak keena hattaa ta-tiya humul bayyinah
- Rasoolum minal laahi yatlu suhufam mutahharah
- Feeha kutubun qaiyimah
- Wa maa tafarraqal lazeena ootul kitaaba il-la mim b’adi ma jaa-at humul baiyyinah
- Wa maa umiroo il-la liy’abu dul laaha mukhliseena lahud-deena huna faa-a wa yuqeemus salaata wa yu-tuz zakaata; wa zaalika deenul qaiyimah
- Innal lazeena kafaru min ahlil kitaabi wal mushri keena fee nari jahan nama khaali deena feeha; ulaa-ika hum shar rul ba reeyah
- Innal lazeena aamanu wa ‘amilus saalihaati ula-ika hum khairul bareey yah
- Jazaa-uhum inda rabbihim jan naatu ‘adnin tajree min tahtihal an haaru khalideena feeha abada; radiy-yallaahu ‘anhum wa ra du ‘an zaalika liman khashiya rabbah.
- Those who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture and the polytheists were not to be parted [from misbelief] until there came to them clear evidence
- A Messenger from Allah, reciting purified scriptures
- Within which are correct writings.
- Nor did those who were given the Scripture become divided until after there had come to them clear evidence.
- And they were not commanded except to worship Allah, [being] sincere to Him in religion, inclining to truth, and to establish prayer and to give zakah. And that is the correct religion.
- Indeed, they who disbelieved among the People of the Scripture and the polytheists will be in the fire of Hell, abiding eternally therein. Those are the worst of creatures.
- Indeed, they who have believed and done righteous deeds – those are the best of creatures.
- Their reward with Allah will be gardens of perpetual residence beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them and they with Him. That is for whoever has feared his Lord.
Learn Surah Az-Zalzala
- Izaa zul zilatil ardu zil zaalaha
- Wa akh rajatil ardu athqaalaha
- Wa qaalal insaanu ma laha
- Yawmaa izin tuhad dithu akhbaaraha
- Bi-anna rabbaka awhaa laha
- Yawma iziny yas durun naasu ash tatal liyuraw a’maalahum
- Famaiy ya’mal mithqala zarratin khai raiy-yarah
- Wa maiy-y’amal mithqala zarratin sharraiy-yarah
- When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake
- And the earth discharges its burdens
- And man says, “What is [wrong] with it?”
- That Day, it will report its news
- Because your Lord has commanded it.
- That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds.
- So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it,
- And whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.
Learn Surah At-Takathur
- Al haaku mut takathur
- Hatta zurtumul-maqaabir
- Kalla sawfa ta’lamoon
- Thumma kalla sawfa ta’lamoon
- Kalla law ta’lamoona ‘ilmal yaqeen
- Latara-wun nal jaheem
- Thumma latara wunnaha ‘ainal yaqeen
- Thumma latus alunna yauma-izin ‘anin na’eem
- Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you
- Until you visit the graveyards.
- No! You are going to know.
- Then no! You are going to know.
- No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty.
- You will surely see the Hellfire.
- Then you will surely see it with the eye of certainty.
- Then you will surely be asked that Day about pleasure.
Learn Surah Ash-Sharh
- Alam nashrah laka sadrak
- Wa wa d’ana ‘anka wizrak
- Allazee anqada zahrak
- Wa raf ‘ana laka zikrak
- Fa inna ma’al usri yusra
- Inna ma’al ‘usri yusra
- Fa iza faragh ta fansab
- Wa ilaa rabbika far ghab
- Did We not expand for you, [O Muhammad], your breast?
- And We removed from you your burden
- Which had weighed upon your back
- And raised high for you your repute.
- For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
- Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
- So when you have finished [your duties], then stand up [for worship].
- And to your Lord direct [your] longing.
Learn Surah At-Tin
- Wat teeni waz zaitoon
- Wa toori sineen
- Wa haazal balad-il ameen
- Laqad khalaqnal insaana fee ahsani taqweem
- Thumma ra dad naahu asfala saafileen
- Ill-lal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati; falahum ajrun ghairu mamnoon
- Fama yu kaz zibuka b’adu bid deen
- Alai sal laahu bi-ahkamil haakimeen
- By the fig and the olive
- And [by] Mount Sinai
- And [by] this secure city [Makkah],
- We have certainly created man in the best of stature;
- Then We return him to the lowest of the low,
- Except for those who believe and do righteous deeds, for they will have a reward uninterrupted.
- So what yet causes you to deny the Recompense?
- Is not Allah the most just of judges?
Learn Surah Humazah
- Wai lul-li kulli hu mazatil-lumaza
- Al-lazi jama’a maalaw wa’addadah
- Yahsabu anna maalahu akhladah
- Kalla layum ba zanna fil hutamah
- Wa maa adraaka mal-hutamah
- Narul laahil-mooqada
- Al latee tat tali’u ‘alalafidah
- Innaha ‘alaihim moosada
- Fee ‘amadim-mu mad dadah
- Woe to every scorner and mocker
- Who collects wealth and [continuously] counts it.
- He thinks that his wealth will make him immortal.
- No! He will surely be thrown into the Crusher.
- And what can make you know what is the Crusher?
- It is the fire of Allah, [eternally] fueled,
- Which mounts directed at the hearts.
- Indeed, Hellfire will be closed down upon them
- In extended columns.
If you find it difficult to memorize, remember this hadith:
It was narrated from Aisha that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The one who is proficient with the Qur’an will be with the noble and righteous scribes (the angels), and the one who reads it and stumbles over it, finding it difficult, will have a double reward.” Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3779 In-book reference : Book 33, Hadith 124