Surah Ghafir Ayat 43 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 43
Assuredly, that to which you invite me has no [response to a] supplication in this world or in the Hereafter; and indeed, our return is to Allah, and indeed, the transgressors will be companions of the Fire.
“Without doubt ye do call me to one who is not fit to be called to, whether in this world, or in the Hereafter; our return will be to Allah; and the Transgressors will be Companions of the Fire!
There is no doubt that those whom you call me to have no claim to be called upon in this world and in the Hereafter. Certainly to Allah shall be our return, and those who exceed the limits are destined to the Fire.
“No doubt you call me to (worship) one who cannot grant (me) my request (or respond to my invocation) in this world or in the Hereafter. And our return will be to Allah, and Al-Musrifun (i.e. polytheists and arrogants, those who commit great sins, the transgressors of Allah’s set limits)! They shall be the dwellers of the Fire!
Assuredly that whereunto ye call me hath no claim in the world or in the Hereafter, and our return will be unto Allah, and the prodigals will be owners of the Fire.
(There is) no question that what you call me to has no call (heard) in the present (life) (Literally: lowly life, i.e., the life of this world) or in the Hereafter, and that our turning back is to Allah, and that the extravagant are the ones who are the companions (i.e., inhabitants) of the Fire.
There is no doubt that what you call me to serve is not fit to be invoked either in this world or the Hereafter: our return is to God alone, and it will be the rebels who will inhabit the Fire.
یہ یقینی امر ہے کہ تم مجھے جس کی طرف بلا رہے ہو وه تو نہ دنیا میں پکارے جانے کے قابل ہے نہ آخرت میں، اور یہ (بھی یقینی بات ہے) کہ ہم سب کا لوٹنا اللہ کی طرف ہے اور حد سے گزر جانے والے ہی (یقیناً) اہل دوزخ ہیں
Quran 40 Verse 43 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Ghafir ayat 43, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(40:43) There is no doubt that those whom you call me to have no claim to be called upon in this world and in the Hereafter. Certainly to Allah shall be our return, and those who exceed the limits are destined to the Fire.
58. This sentence can have several meanings:
(1) That they neither possess here nor in the Hereafter any right that the people should be invited to acknowledge their godhead.
(2) That they have been made gods by the people themselves without any reason, for they have neither claimed godhead for themselves in this world nor will they put forward any such claim in the Hereafter that they also were gods and should have been acknowledged as such.
(3) That it is of no use invoking them here nor in the Hereafter, for they are absolutely powerless and invoking them is of no avail at all.
59. A transgressor is every such person who recognizes the godhead of others than Allah, or assumes godhead for himself, or rebels against God and adopts an attitude of independence in the world, and then commits excesses against himself, against other creatures of God and against everything else with which he has to deal. Such a person, in fact, transgresses all limits of reason and justice.
The tafsir of Surah Muminun verse 43 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Muminun ayat 41 which provides the complete commentary from verse 41 through 46.
Quick navigation links
Share the message of the Qur’an