Surah Ta-Ha Ayat 82 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 82
But indeed, I am the Perpetual Forgiver of whoever repents and believes and does righteousness and then continues in guidance.
“But, without doubt, I am (also) He that forgives again and again, to those who repent, believe, and do right, who,- in fine, are ready to receive true guidance.”
But I am indeed Most Forgiving to him who repents and believes and does righteous works and keeps to the Right Way.”
And verily, I am indeed Forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them, (till his death).
And lo! verily I am Forgiving toward him who repenteth and believeth and doeth good, and afterward walketh aright.
And surely I am indeed Superb Forgiver towards him who repents and believes and does righteousness and thereafter is (rightly) guided.”
Yet I am most forgiving towards those who repent, believe, do righteous deeds, and stay on the right path.’
ہاں بیشک میں انہیں بخش دینے واﻻ ہوں جو توبہ کریں ایمان ﻻئیں نیک عمل کریں اور راه راست پر بھی رہیں
Quran 20 Verse 82 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Ta-Ha ayat 82, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(20:82) But I am indeed Most Forgiving to him who repents and believes and does righteous works and keeps to the Right Way.”
60. According to this (Surah TaHa, ayat 82), there are four conditions for forgiveness:
(1) Repentance: to refrain from rebellion, disobedience, shirk or disbelief.
(2) Faith: sincere belief in Allah and the Messenger and the Book and the Hereafter.
(3) Righteous works: to do good deeds according to the instructions of Allah and His Messenger.
(4) Guidance: to follow the right way steadfastly and to refrain from straying into any wrong path.
The tafsir of Surah Ta-Ha verse 82 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Taha ayat 80 which provides the complete commentary from verse 80 through 82.
Quick navigation links
Share the message of the Qur’an