- 100% 100%
$2010/month from 171 contributors
As of 07-30-2021, 11:45 PM EST
“Every good is charity. Indeed among the good is to meet your brother with a smiling face, and to pour what is left in your bucket into the vessel of your brother.” “
Jami at-Tirmidhi 1970 Sahih (Darussalam)
Why support My Islam?
As a small team and for the most part self-funded, we’ve learned how to do a lot with very little.
We started just over 2 years ago and by the will of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala our site is ranked as the #1179 most visited faith and belief site among all the religious sites in the entire world.  We’ve put a lot of effort in mostly producing written educational content covering topics people are searching for and want to learn about.
This graph shows our entire website traffic since inception.
The first year we wrote many articles and developed the first version of our online Quran but at this time no one really knew we existed. We had a few loyal readers who gave us encouraging feedback (thanks mom) and we just kept working with faith. We called this phase of our existence the power of sabr (patience).
Since then we have been working diligently and consistently showed month over month growth.
AN IMPORTANT INSIGHT
We realized if you want to control the narrative and peoples perception of Islam you have to own the spaces where they go to learn.
Social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instragram, and Twitter create somewhat of an echo chamber, their algorithms push things they believe would keep people on their platform. This usually results in confirmation bias – people seeing what they want to see and channels they’ve already subscribed to.
The space where people go to learn is Google and this an important arena where being first matters as you get to make the first impression. In the graph below you can see we currently have 3231 positions in the top 3 spots in google. Another 3632 in positions 4-10.
My Islam Stats
Although numbers aren’t our primary motivator we do keep track of certain things to see what’s been working and where we can improve.
Our main mission has always been to create the highest quality content our team is currently capable of producing. If we can do that one thing right, everything else falls into place. We will continually get better over-time as our processes improve and as we have more to invest into technology.
This is the exciting part.
With the proper funding we have ambitious goals to take on projects to fill a void of Islamic content on the web.
1. We dream about being able to write a complete biography of Prophet Muhammad – thoroughly researched and well designed with stunning graphics and release the entire book + PDF free for all users. We want to create a web based version of this book as well as we don’t see a website that has something like this.
2. One of the most requested resource that people email us is asking for a book or pdf to read the Quran offline with transliteration and translation because they are not strong in reading Arabic text but desire to read the Quran. We can create a free downloadable PDF for each Surah.
3. If we reach the goal of $2,000/month we can afford to hire a Quran instructor to record a complete digital Quran course with worksheets and upload the lessons on YouTube. The goal is to take someone who doesn’t know any Arabic to reading the Quran fluently. Together we believe we can help thousands of students learn how to read the Qur’an. It was Narrated ‘Uthman: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it.” 
4. We will continue to push further into new territories and expand the breadth of our content so that more people can discover and learn the basics and beautiful teachings in Islam. We are also constantly improving and revising existing content behind the scenes.
5. Write the remaining Prophet stories which include Adam (as), Musa (as), Isa (as), Ibrahim (as) and others.
6. Finish the Quran video series – All 114 videos for each Surah of the Quran with translation, transliteration and with Arabic text that gets filled following the recitation (like a karaoke style video). We may even look into translating the videos into different languages (Urdu, Hindi, or Indonesian).
You can see video on Surah Ikhlas as an example:
7. Create a new section on our site for the 30 Juz for users who want an easy way to pace and finish the Quran in 30 days. We will also create a video for each Juz.
8. 100+ dua videos planned. We want every dua published on our site to have an accompanying audio and video experience for the end user.
9. Create version 2.0 of our digital Quran. We want to expand the current Quran to individual web-pages for each ayat with different commentaries and to add scholarly tafsir work of Ibn Kathir and Abul ala maududi for each ayat. We would also like to try and develop:
- Audio player with autoloop for each verse
- On-click audio for selected ayat
- printable PDF for each Surah for offline use
- Individual pages for each ayah with multiple translations and commentary
- Start production of hundreds of short beautiful ayah videos to be distributed on our social channels as a reminder to read daily Quranic verses.
10. Keep the website ad-free. We currently do not display any native ads on the site and would prefer to keep it that way (the only ads we’ve allowed are on YouTube videos).
11. We send a free newsletter titled, “The intellectual Muslim” every week to our growing email list of ~24,000 users on wisdom and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ). In 2021 we’re projecting to send well over 1,114,000 emails. With your support we can continue to keep this newsletter free while growing the amount of people who’ve subscribed.
If you like our plans and wish to support our organization, please know that any amount is greatly appreciated. We are a resourceful team but to reach our ambitious goals we look to insha-Allah raise $2000 in recurring donations. We also understand donating may not be an option for some of you because of this pandemic. In this case we’d like to share the hadith of Prophet Muhammad (saws) who said:
“Every good is charity. Indeed among the good is to meet your brother with a smiling face, and to pour what is left in your bucket into the vessel of your brother.”
Jami at-Tirmidhi 1970 Sahih (Darussalam)
 This is according to a web-analytics company Similarweb which ranks My Islam as the #1179 most visited website in the Faith and beliefs category which includes all religious websites. The number #1 site was JW.org (Jehovah’s witness) which had an astounding 229.44 million monthly visitors.
 Hadith reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 5027