“The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.”
Surah Baqarah Ayat 261
Inshallah in 2021 we’ll continue to push further into new territories and expand the breadth of our content to help even more people discover and learn about the beautiful teachings of Islam.
We have some big projects planned for 2021 but we can’t do it alone.
We haven’t allowed any advertisers on our site as we believe it takes away from people try to learn (The only Ads we have allowed is on YouTube platform) and we don’t sell user data or anything of that nature. For now we continue to rely on the readers of this site to fund new projects.
Help support our two big projects for 2021:
1. Help us create a full-fledged free biography of Prophet Muhammad from birth to death. We’ll research and teach it all.
2. Our site hosts over 100+ du’as to help Muslims with every matter imaginable. Many people struggle with memorization and reading Arabic text. Our videos will encourage users to learn new supplications and inshallah make it easy for people who have difficulty.
These are our two big initiatives for 2021 but we’re also looking to create the following:
- Write the remaining Prophet stories of Musa, Adam, Hud, Isa, Dawud, and Hurun (as).
- Qur’an study, where we explore various verses of the Qur’an on different topics like patience, the hijab, friendship, and love.
- Create an offline version of the Qur’an for free download with translation and transliteration.
- Complete Hajj and Umrah resource guide.
- Expand current du’a selection to include acceptable du’as for different scenarios and providing an accompanying audio + video experience.
- Continue researching and answering common questions we see people struggle with.
Want 3 More Reasons on why you should Become a Partner of MyIslam.org?
By donating and becoming a partner in supporting the growth of MyIslam you’re helping create the following. Without your support we wouldn’t have any of this:
1. We send a free weekly email explaining a hadith of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) to inspire Muslims across the world.
Went asked our email provider and exported this year stats into excel.
In 2020 we sent out 624,829 total emails.
But that’s a vanity metric, it’s easy to send out a lot of spam or promotional emails.
What’s useful is the amount of emails that are actually opened and read (239,924 opened, no way to find out if they are actually read). But people reply and we love to get this feedback.
Here’s what a recent reader said about a recent newsletter we sent:
2. Our Online Qur’an Statistics
Looking at our analytics for this year, we had 1,484,854 Muslims interested in reading and learning about the Qur’an. The average visit of each user was around 4-5 minutes contributing to a total of 108,010 hours spent reading the Qur’an.
To put that in perspective, that’s a total of 4500 days or 12 years of reading the Qur’an, non-stop.
3. MyIslam YouTube Statistics
It’s because of our supporters that we we’re able to start a YouTube at the beginning of this year.
The channel since has generated almost half a million views. In 2021, we will focus heavily on creating Islamic content with completing the Qur’an project, posting du’as, and teaching fundamental tenets of Islam.
We don’t want to burden our readers in the long-run, if we can find other avenues to diversify and support the site and it’s projects without ruining the educational experience we will do so. You can see the contribution from YouTube thus far has been minimal.
Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:
“Your smiling in the face of your brother is charity, commanding good and forbidding evil is charity, your giving directions to a man lost in the land is charity for you. Your seeing for a man with bad sight is a charity for you, your removal of a rock, a thorn or a bone from the road is charity for you. Your pouring what remains from your bucket into the bucket of your brother is charity for you.”
Jami At-Tirmidhi 1956
We want thank all those who reply to our emails, read our new posts and comment and share. We read every comment and email and listen to your feedback on how we can make MyIslam a better place for everyone.