Surah Muhammad Ayat 2 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 2
And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad – and it is the truth from their Lord – He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.
But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad – for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.
As for those who attained to faith and did righteous works and believed in what was revealed to Muhammad — which indeed is the Truth from their Lord — Allah has remitted their evil deeds and has set their condition right.
But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad (SAW), for it is the truth from their Lord, He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state.
And those who believe and do good works and believe in that which is revealed unto Muhammad – and it is the truth from their Lord – He riddeth them of their ill-deeds and improveth their state.
And the ones who have believed and done deeds of righteousness and have believed in what has been successively sent down upon Muhammad-and it is the Truth from their Lord-He will expiate for them their odious deeds and will make righteous their state.
but He will overlook the bad deeds of those who have faith, do good deeds, and believe in what has been sent down to Muhammad––the truth from their Lord––and He will put them into a good state.
اور جو لوگ ایمان ﻻئے اور اچھے کام کیے اور اس پر بھی ایمان ﻻئے جو محمد ﴿صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم﴾ پر اتاری گئی ہے اور دراصل ان کے رب کی طرف سے سچا (دین) بھی وہی ہے، اللہ نے ان کے گناه دور کر دیئے اور ان کے حال کی اصلاح کر دی
Quran 47 Verse 2 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Muhammad ayat 2, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(47:2) As for those who attained to faith and did righteous works and believed in what was revealed to Muhammad � which indeed is the Truth from their Lord � Allah has remitted their evil deeds and has set their condition right.
4. Although after saying alladhina amanu (those who believed) there was no need to say wa amanu bima nuzzila ala Muhammad-in (and accepted that which has been sent down to Muhammad), for belief by itself implies believing in the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and in the teachings sent down to him, yet making a separate mention of it is particularly meant to assert this. After the appointment of Muhammad (peace be upon him) to Prophethood, a person’s belief in Allah and the Hereafter and the former Messengers and the Books cannot be beneficial until he also believes in him and the teachings brought by him. This explanation was necessary because after the emigration, the Muslims had also to deal with those people, who recognized and accepted all the requirements of the faith but refused to acknowledge and accept the Prophethood of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
5. This has two meanings:
(1) That Allah wiped off from their record all those sins which they had happened to commit in the pre-Islamic days of ignorance. Now, they will not at all be held accountable for them.
(2) That Allah removed from them the evils of creed, thought, morals and action in which they were involved. Now their minds were changed, their creed and ideas were changed. Now there was faith in their hearts instead of ignorance, and righteous acts instead of the immoral evil.
6. This also has two meanings:
(1) That Allah changed their previous condition and put them on the right path and improved and bettered their lives for them.
(2) That Allah has taken them out of the condition of weakness and helplessness and oppression in which they were placed till then. Now He has created for them such conditions in which instead of being persecuted they will defend themselves against the oppressors. Instead of living as subjects, they will now live and order their lives as free people, and will have the upper hand instead of being subdued and suppressed.
The tafsir of Surah Muhammad verse 2 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Muhammad ayat 1 which provides the complete commentary from verse 1 through 3.
Quick navigation links
Share the message of the Qur’an