Surah Qamar Ayat 7 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 7
Their eyes humbled, they will emerge from the graves as if they were locusts spreading,
They will come forth,- their eyes humbled – from (their) graves, (torpid) like locusts scattered abroad,
with down-cast eyes they shall go forth from their graves, as though they were scattered locusts.
They will come forth, with humbled eyes from (their) graves as if they were locusts spread abroad,
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad,
With most submissive be holdings, they will go out of the graves as if they were locusts spread abroad,
eyes downcast, they will come out of their graves like swarming locusts
Quran 54 Verse 7 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Qamar ayat 7, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(54:7) with down-cast eyes they shall go forth from their graves, as though they were scattered locusts.
8. Literally: Their looks will be downcast. This can have several meanings:
(1) That they will appear terror-stricken.
(2) That they will be reflecting disgrace and humiliation, for as soon as they arise out of their graves they would realize that it was indeed the same second life which they had been denying, for which they had made no preparation, and in which they would have to present themselves before their God as culprits.
(3) That with awe-struck looks they would be watching the dreadful scenes before them, from which they would not be able to avert their eyes.
9. That is, they denied that the Hereafter has to take place when man will have to render an account of his deeds; they denied the Prophethood of the Prophet who was making his people aware of this truth; and they denied the teaching of the Prophet, which taught them what to believe and what creed and conduct they should adopt in order to pass the reckoning of the Hereafter.
The tafsir of Surah Qamar verse 7 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Qamar ayat 6 which provides the complete commentary from verse 6 through 8.
Quick navigation links