Surah Insan Ayat 21 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 21
Upon the inhabitants will be green garments of fine silk and brocade. And they will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a purifying drink.
Upon them will be green Garments of fine silk and heavy brocade, and they will be adorned with Bracelets of silver; and their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy.
They [i.e., the virtuous] shall be attired in garments of fine green silk and rich brocade and will be adorned with bracelets of silver. Their Lord will give them a pure wine to drink.
Their garments will be of fine green silk, and gold embroidery. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a pure drink.
Their raiment will be fine green silk and gold embroidery. Bracelets of silver will they wear. Their Lord will slake their thirst with a pure drink.
Their upper (covering) will be green clothes of sarcenet and brocade, and they are ornamented with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them to drink a drink most pure.
they will wear garments of green silk and brocade; they will be adorned with silver bracelets; their Lord will give them a pure drink.
Quran 76 Verse 21 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Insan ayat 21, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(76:21) They [i.e., the virtuous] shall be attired in garments of fine green silk and rich brocade and will be adorned with bracelets of silver. Their Lord will give them a pure wine to drink.
23. The same theme has been expressed in(Surah Al-Kahf:Ayat 31), thus: “They (the dwellers of Paradise) will wearcolored robes of silk and rich brocade and will be recliningupon raised thrones.” On this basis, the opinion of thecommentators who have expressed the view that thisimplies the sheets of cloth which will be hanging over theirthrones or bedsteads or that this would be the dress of theboys who would be moving about serving them does notseem to be correct.
24. In (Surah Al-Kahf: Ayat 31), it has been said: “They willbe adorned with bracelets of gold.” This same theme hasalso occurred in(Surah Al-Hajj: Ayat 23) and(Surah Fatir:Ayat 33) above. When all these verses are read together,three possibilities become obvious.
(1) That sometimes theywould like to wear bracelets of gold and sometimesbracelets of silver, both kinds of the ornaments beingavailable for use as and when required;
(2) that they willwear bracelets of both gold and silver at the same time, forthe combination of the two enhances the personal charmsof the wearer;
(3) that whosoever desires will wearbracelets of gold and whosoever desires will wear braceletsof silver.
As for the question, why will the men be adornedwith the ornaments when these are usually worn by thewomen? The answer is that in the ancient times the customwas that the kings and their nobles used to adorn theirhands and necks and the crowns of their heads withdifferent kinds of ornaments. In(Surah Az-Zukhruf: Ayat53), it has been said that when the Prophet Moses (peace beupon him) arrived in the Pharaoh’s court in his simpledress, with only a staff in hand, and told him that he was aMessenger sent by Allah, Lord of the worlds, the Pharaohsaid to his courtiers: “What kind of a messenger is he, whohas appeared before me in this state? If he was sent by theKing of the universe, why were not bracelets of gold sentdown on him, or a company of angels as attendants?”
25. Two kinds of the wine have been mentioned above, firstthat to which water will be added from the fountain ofcamphor; second that to which water will be added fromthe fountain of ginger, After these, making mention ofanother wine, with the remark that their Lord shall givethem a pure wine to drink, gives the meaning that this willbe some superior kind of wine, which they will be given todrink as a special favor from Allah.
The tafsir of Surah Al-Insan verse 21 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Insan ayat 13 which provides the complete commentary from verse 13 through 22.
Quick navigation links