Surah Ar-Rum Ayat 13 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 13
And there will not be for them among their [alleged] partners any intercessors, and they will [then] be disbelievers in their partners.
No intercessor will they have among their “Partners” and they will (themselves) reject their “Partners”.
None whom they had associated with Allah in His Divinity will intercede on their behalf; rather, they will disown those whom they had set up as Allah’s associates in His Divinity.
No intercessor will they have from those whom they made equal with Allah (partners i.e. their so-called associate gods), and they will (themselves) reject and deny their partners.
There will be none to intercede for them of those whom they made equal with Allah. And they will reject their partners (whom they ascribed unto Him).
And no intercessors will they have among their associates, and they will be disbelievers in their associates.
and they will have no intercessors among those partners they ascribed to God- they will deny these partners.
Quran 30 Verse 13 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Ar-Rum ayat 13, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(30:13) None whom they had associated with Allah in His Divinity will intercede on their behalf; rather, they will disown those whom they had set up as Allah’s associates in His Divinity.
16. “Associates” (shuraka) includes three kinds of beings:
(1) The angels, prophets, saints, martyrs and the righteous men, to whom the polytheists assigned divine attributes and powers in different ages and whom they worshiped as gods. On Resurrection Day, they will say to their worshipers, “You did whatever you did without our consent, rather against our teachings and guidance. Therefore, we have nothing to do with you. Do not place any hope in us that we will intercede for you before Allah Almighty.”
(2) Inanimate things like the moon, the sun, the planets, trees, stones, animals, etc. The polytheists worshiped them as gods, prayed to them, but the poor things themselves were unaware that the vicegerent of Allah was worshiping them so humbly and devotedly. Evidently, none of these also will come forward to intercede for him.
(3) The arch-criminals, who by deception and fraud, or by use of force, compelled the servants of God to worship others, e.g. Satan, false religious guides, and tyrants and despots. They themselves will be in trouble there. Not to speak of interceding for others, they will rather try to prove before God that their worshipers and followers were themselves responsible for their crimes, and therefore, they should not be made to bear the burden of their deviation. Thus, the polytheists there will not get any intercession from anywhere.
17. That is, the polytheists will themselves admit that they had wrongly held them associates of God. They will realize that none of them really had any share in Godhood. Therefore, in the Hereafter they will disown the shirk on which they insist in the world.
The tafsir of Surah Ar-Rum verse 13 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Rum ayat 11 which provides the complete commentary from verse 11 through 16.
Quick navigation links