Surah Hajj Ayat 29 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 29
Then let them end their untidiness and fulfill their vows and perform Tawaf around the ancient House.”
“Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House.”
Thereafter, let them tidy up and fulfil their vows and circumambulate the Ancient House.”
Then let them complete the prescribed duties (Manasik of Hajj) for them, and perform their vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House (the Ka’bah at Makkah).
Then let them make an end of their unkemptness and pay their vows and go around the ancient House.
Thereafter let them make an end of their unkemptness, and let them fulfill their vows, and let them circumambulate the Ancient House.
so let the pilgrims perform their acts of cleansing, fulfil their vows, and circle around the Ancient House.’
پھر وه اپنا میل کچیل دور کریں اور اپنی نذریں پوری کریں اور اللہ کے قدیم گھر کا طواف کریں
Quran 22 Verse 29 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Hajj ayat 29, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(22:29) Thereafter, let them tidy up and fulfil their vows and circumambulate the Ancient House.”
51. It means that after performing the essential Hajj rites, one should put off Ihram, have a shave, bath, etc. for one is free from the restrictions of Ihram after Hajj. However, one is not allowed to have sexual relations with his wife till one has performed the Tawaf of Ziyarah or Ifadah.
52. That is, the vow one has made for that occasion.
53. The Arabic word Atiq, which has been used for the Kabah, is very meaningful for it implies.
(2) Free from the sovereignty and ownership of anyone.
(3) Honored and revered. I am of the opinion that here the word Tawaf refers to the circumambulation performed on the tenth day of Zil-Hajj after setting aside Ihram, as the last ritual of Hajj, and is called Tawaf of Ifadah or Ziyarah (visit).
The tafsir of Surah Al-Hajj verse 29 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Hajj ayat 29 which provides the complete commentary from verse 28 through 29.
Quick navigation links
Share the message of the Qur’an