Surah Furqan Ayat 47 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 47
And it is He who has made the night for you as clothing and sleep [a means for] rest and has made the day a resurrection.
And He it is Who makes the Night as a Robe for you, and Sleep as Repose, and makes the Day (as it were) a Resurrection.
And it is Allah Who has ordained the night as a garment for you, and the sleep as a repose of death, and the day as the time of return to life.
And it is He Who makes the night a covering for you, and the sleep (as) repose, and makes the day Nushur (i.e. getting up and going about here and there for daily work, etc. after one’s sleep at night or like resurrection after one’s death).
And He it is Who maketh night a covering for you, and sleep repose, and maketh day a resurrection.
And He is the One Who has made the night for you (to be) a garment and sleep for repose and has made day-time for rising.
It is He who made the night a garment for you, and sleep a rest, and made the day like a resurrection.
Quran 25 Verse 47 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Furqan ayat 47, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(25:47) It is Allah Who has made night a garment for you, and sleep the repose (of death), and has made day the time of rising to life.61
60. The night is a garment in the sense that it covers and hides things.
61. This verse has three objects:
(1) It provides a proof of Tauhid.
(2) It furnishes a proof of the possibility of life-after-death from everyday human experience.
(3) It bears the good news that the night of ignorance has come to an end and now the bright day of knowledge and guidance has dawned. It is therefore inevitable that those who were sleeping in ignorance, will sooner or later wake up, but those who have slept the sleep of death, will not wake up and will themselves be deprived of life, while the business of the day will go on thriving even without them.
The tafsir of Surah Furqan verse 47 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Furqan ayat 45 which provides the complete commentary from verse 45 through 47.
Quick navigation links