Surah Furqan Ayat 50 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 50
And We have certainly distributed it among them that they might be reminded, but most of the people refuse except disbelief.
And We have distributed the (water) amongst them, in order that they may celebrate (our) praises, but most men are averse (to aught) but (rank) ingratitude.
We present the same phenomenon over and over again before them so that they may learn a lesson from it; but most people decline to adopt any other attitude than of disbelief and ingratitude.
And indeed We have distributed it (rain or water) amongst them in order that they may remember the Grace of Allah, but most men refuse (or deny the Truth or Faith) and accept nothing but disbelief or ingratitude.
And verily We have repeated it among them that they may remember, but most of mankind begrudge aught save ingratitude.
And indeed We have already propounded it among them so that they may constantly remember; yet most mankind refuse (anything) except constant disbelief.
Many times We have repeated this to people so that they might take heed, but most persist in their ingratitude.
Quran 25 Verse 50 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Furqan ayat 50, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(25:50) We present this wondrous phenomenon to them over and over again that they may learn a lesson from it. But most people simply decline everything except disbelief and ingratitude.
64. “We have repeated it among them” may have three meanings:
(1) We have cited the phenomenon of rainfall over and over again in the Quran in order to make plain to them the reality.
(2) We are time and again showing them the wonderful phenomenon of the heat and drought, seasonal winds and clouds, rainfall and its life producing effects.
(3) We go on changing the system of the distribution of rainfall throughout the world year after year, so that the same place does not receive the same amount of rainfall every time. Sometimes a place is left completely dry, another has more or less of rainfall than usual, while some other is flooded with rain water. They see all these different phenomena with their countless different results in their daily life.
65. The verse means to impress that the wonderful system of rainfall is by itself a proof of the existence of Allah, of One Lord of the universe, and of His attributes. Its wonderful distribution during the year and over different parts of the earth is a clear proof that there is an All-Wise Designer. But the obdurate disbelievers do not learn any lesson from it, and persist in their ingratitude, though this has been cited in the Quran repeatedly for this purpose.
It is also a proof of the life-after-death, for the disbelievers themselves see that rainfall brings to life dead land year after year. This clearly shows that Allah has the power to bring the dead back to life, but the disbelievers do not learn any lesson from it and persist in their irresponsible ways.
If verse 48 is taken in the metaphorical sense, the pure water of rain will mean the blessings of Prophethood. Human history shows that whenever this blessing has been sent down, ignorance has been replaced by knowledge, injustice by justice and wickedness by righteousness. The coming of Prophets has always proved to be the harbinger of a moral revolution. But only those who accepted their guidance benefited from it. This is the lesson of history, yet the disbelievers reject it because of their ingratitude.
The tafsir of Surah Furqan verse 50 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Furqan ayat 48 which provides the complete commentary from verse 48 through 50.
Quick navigation links