Surah At-Taghabun (“Loss, Deprivation”) is the 64th chapter of the Qur’an with 18 ayats. It is classified as a Medinan Surah
This Surah invites all to faith and obedience of Allah. It warns against the evil consequences of misdeed and to have good morals. You will be held accountable on the day of judgement which is when the real success or loss will be decided.
“No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things.”
Surah At-Taghabun Ayat 11
Read Surah Taghabun with Translation and Transliteration
Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and The Most Merciful
يُسَبِّحُ لِلَّهِ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ ۖ لَهُ ٱلْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ ٱلْحَمْدُ ۖ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍۢ قَدِيرٌ
Yusabbihu lillaahi maa fis samaawaati wa maa fil ardi lahul mulku wa lahul hamd, wa Huwa ‘alaa kulli shai ‘in Qadeer
1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is exalting Allah . To Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs [all] praise, and He is over all things competent.
هُوَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ فَمِنكُمْ كَافِرٌۭ وَمِنكُم مُّؤْمِنٌۭ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ
Huwal lazee khalaqakum faminkum kaafirunw wa min kum mu’min ; wallaahu bimaa ta’maloona Baseer
2. It is He who created you, and among you is the disbeliever, and among you is the believer. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing.
خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضَ بِٱلْحَقِّ وَصَوَّرَكُمْ فَأَحْسَنَ صُوَرَكُمْ ۖ وَإِلَيْهِ ٱلْمَصِيرُ
Khalaqas samaawaati wal arda bilhaqqi wa sawwarakum fa ahsana suwarakum wa ilaihil maseer
3. He created the heavens and earth in truth and formed you and perfected your forms; and to Him is the [final] destination.
يَعْلَمُ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا تُسِرُّونَ وَمَا تُعْلِنُونَ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ عَلِيمٌۢ بِذَاتِ ٱلصُّدُورِ
Ya’lamu maa fis samaawaati wal ardi wa ya’lamu maa tusirroona wa maa tu’linoon; wallaahu ‘Aleemum bizaatis sudoor
4. He knows what is within the heavens and earth and knows what you conceal and what you declare. And Allah is Knowing of that within the breasts.
أَلَمْ يَأْتِكُمْ نَبَؤُا۟ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ مِن قَبْلُ فَذَاقُوا۟ وَبَالَ أَمْرِهِمْ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌۭ
Alam yaatikum naba’ul lazeena kafaroo min qablu fazaaqoo wabaala amrihim wa lahum ‘azaabun aleem
5. Has there not come to you the news of those who disbelieved before? So they tasted the bad consequence of their affair, and they will have a painful punishment.
ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُۥ كَانَت تَّأْتِيهِمْ رُسُلُهُم بِٱلْبَيِّنَـٰتِ فَقَالُوٓا۟ أَبَشَرٌۭ يَهْدُونَنَا فَكَفَرُوا۟ وَتَوَلَّوا۟ ۚ وَّٱسْتَغْنَى ٱللَّهُ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ غَنِىٌّ حَمِيدٌۭ
Zaalika bi annahoo kaanat taateehim Rusuluhum bilbaiyinaati faqaaloo a basharuny yahdoonanaa fakafaroo wa tawallaw; wastaghnal laah; wallaahu ghaniyyun hameed
6. That is because their messengers used to come to them with clear evidences, but they said, “Shall human beings guide us?” and disbelieved and turned away. And Allah dispensed [with them]; and Allah is Free of need and Praiseworthy.
زَعَمَ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوٓا۟ أَن لَّن يُبْعَثُوا۟ ۚ قُلْ بَلَىٰ وَرَبِّى لَتُبْعَثُنَّ ثُمَّ لَتُنَبَّؤُنَّ بِمَا عَمِلْتُمْ ۚ وَذَٰلِكَ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ يَسِيرٌۭ
Za’amal lazeena kafarooo al-lany yub’asoo; qul balaa wa rabbee latub’asunna summa latunabba’unna bimaa ‘amiltum; wa zaalika ‘alal laahi yaseer
7. Those who disbelieve have claimed that they will never be resurrected. Say, “Yes, by my Lord, you will surely be resurrected; then you will surely be informed of what you did. And that, for Allah, is easy.”
فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِۦ وَٱلنُّورِ ٱلَّذِىٓ أَنزَلْنَا ۚ وَٱللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌۭ
Fa-aaminoo billaahi wa rasoolihee wannooril lazeee anzalnaa; wallaahu bima ta’maloona khabeer
8. So believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Qur’an which We have sent down. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do.
يَوْمَ يَجْمَعُكُمْ لِيَوْمِ ٱلْجَمْعِ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ يَوْمُ ٱلتَّغَابُنِ ۗ وَمَن يُؤْمِنۢ بِٱللَّهِ وَيَعْمَلْ صَـٰلِحًۭا يُكَفِّرْ عَنْهُ سَيِّـَٔاتِهِۦ وَيُدْخِلْهُ جَنَّـٰتٍۢ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَـٰرُ خَـٰلِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَبَدًۭا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْعَظِيمُ
Yawma yajma’ukum li yawmil jam’i zaalika yawmut taghaabun; wa many-yumim billaahi wa ya’mal saalihany yukaffir ‘anhu sayyi aatihee wa yudkhilhu jannaatin tajree min tahtihal anhaaru khaalideena feehaaa abadaa; zaalikal fawzul ‘azeem
9. The Day He will assemble you for the Day of Assembly – that is the Day of Deprivation. And whoever believes in Allah and does righteousness – He will remove from him his misdeeds and admit him to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment.
وَٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا۟ وَكَذَّبُوا۟ بِـَٔايَـٰتِنَآ أُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ أَصْحَـٰبُ ٱلنَّارِ خَـٰلِدِينَ فِيهَا ۖ وَبِئْسَ ٱلْمَصِيرُ
Wallazeena kafaroo wa kazzaboo bi aayaaatinaaa ulaaa’ika ashaabun naari khaalideena feehaa wa bi’sal maseer
10. But the ones who disbelieved and denied Our verses – those are the companions of the Fire, abiding eternally therein; and wretched is the destination.
مَآ أَصَابَ مِن مُّصِيبَةٍ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ ٱللَّهِ ۗ وَمَن يُؤْمِنۢ بِٱللَّهِ يَهْدِ قَلْبَهُۥ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌۭ
Maaa asaaba mim musee batin illaa bi-iznil laah; wa many yu’mim billaahi yahdi qalbah; wallaahu bikulli shai;in Aleem
11. No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things.
وَأَطِيعُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا۟ ٱلرَّسُولَ ۚ فَإِن تَوَلَّيْتُمْ فَإِنَّمَا عَلَىٰ رَسُولِنَا ٱلْبَلَـٰغُ ٱلْمُبِينُ
Wa atee’ul laaha wa atee’ur Rasool; fa in tawallaitum fa innamaa ‘alaa Rasoolinal balaaghul mubeen
12. And obey Allah and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away – then upon Our Messenger is only [the duty of] clear notification.
ٱللَّهُ لَآ إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۚ وَعَلَى ٱللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُونَ
Allaahu laaa ilaaha illaa Hoo; wa ‘alal laahi falyata wakkalil mu’minoon
13. Allah – there is no deity except Him. And upon Allah let the believers rely.
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓا۟ إِنَّ مِنْ أَزْوَٰجِكُمْ وَأَوْلَـٰدِكُمْ عَدُوًّۭا لَّكُمْ فَٱحْذَرُوهُمْ ۚ وَإِن تَعْفُوا۟ وَتَصْفَحُوا۟ وَتَغْفِرُوا۟ فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌۭ رَّحِيمٌ
Yaaa ayyuhal lazeena aamanooo inna min azwaaji kum wa awlaadikum ‘aduwwal lakum fahzaroohum; wa in ta’foo wa tasfahoo wa taghfiroo fa innal laaha ghafoorur Raheem
14. O you who have believed, indeed, among your wives and your children are enemies to you, so beware of them. But if you pardon and overlook and forgive – then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
إِنَّمَآ أَمْوَٰلُكُمْ وَأَوْلَـٰدُكُمْ فِتْنَةٌۭ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ عِندَهُۥٓ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌۭ
Innamaa amwaalukum wa awlaadukum fitnah; wallaahu ‘indahooo ajrun ‘azeem
15. Your wealth and your children are but a trial, and Allah has with Him a great reward.
فَٱتَّقُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ مَا ٱسْتَطَعْتُمْ وَٱسْمَعُوا۟ وَأَطِيعُوا۟ وَأَنفِقُوا۟ خَيْرًۭا لِّأَنفُسِكُمْ ۗ وَمَن يُوقَ شُحَّ نَفْسِهِۦ فَأُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلْمُفْلِحُونَ
Fattaqul laaha mastat’tum wasma’oo wa atee’oo waanfiqoo khairal li anfusikum; wa many-yooqa shuha nafsihee fa-ulaaa’ika humul muflihoon
16. So fear Allah as much as you are able and listen and obey and spend [in the way of Allah ]; it is better for your selves. And whoever is protected from the stinginess of his soul – it is those who will be the successful.
إِن تُقْرِضُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًۭا يُضَـٰعِفْهُ لَكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ شَكُورٌ حَلِيمٌ
In tuqridul laaha qardan hasanany yudd’ifhu lakum wa yaghfir lakum; wallaahu Shakoorun Haleem
17. If you loan Allah a goodly loan, He will multiply it for you and forgive you. And Allah is Most Appreciative and Forbearing.
عَـٰلِمُ ٱلْغَيْبِ وَٱلشَّهَـٰدَةِ ٱلْعَزِيزُ ٱلْحَكِيمُ
‘Aalimul-Ghaibi wash-shahaadatil ‘Azeezul Hakeem
18. Knower of the unseen and the witnessed, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
The Tafsir of Surat At-Taghabun
Chapter – 64
Which was revealed in Al-Madinah or Makkah
(In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
(1. Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allah. His is the dominion, and to Him belongs the praise, and He is Able to do all things.) (2. He it is Who created you, then some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers. And Allah is All-Seer of what you do.) (3. He has created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He shaped you and made good your shapes. And to Him is the return.) (4. He knows what is in the heavens and on earth, and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal. And Allah is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts.)
Praising Allah and mentioning His Creation and Knowledge
This is the last Surah among Al-Musabbihat. We mentioned before that all creatures praise the glory of Allah, their Creator and Owner. Allah the Exalted said,
(His is the dominion, and to Him belongs the praise,) meaning, He is the One Who has control over all creation, the One praised for all He created and decreed. Allah’s statement,
(and He is Able to do all things.) means that whatever He wills occurs without resistance, and whatever He does not will, never occurs. Allah said,
(He it is Who created you, then some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers.) meaning, Allah created you with these characteristics and He willed that for you. Therefore, there will be believers and disbelievers. Surely, Allah is the One Who sees those who deserve guidance and those who deserve misguidance. He is the Witness over His servant’s deeds and He will completely recompense them. This is why Allah the Exalted said,
(And Allah is All-Seer of what you do. ) Allah said,
(He has created the heavens and the earth with truth,) with equity and wisdom,
(and He shaped you and made good your shapes.) He made you in the best shapes and forms. Allah the Exalted said,
(O man! What has made you careless about your Lord, the most Generous Who created you, fashioned you perfectly and gave you due proportion; in whatever form He willed, He put you together.) (82:6-8) And His saying,
(Allah, it is He Who has made for you the earth as a dwelling place and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape and made your shapes good (looking) and has provided you with good things.) (40:64) and His saying;
(And to Him is the return.) means the return and final destination. Allah then informs of His knowledge of all that there is in the heavens, in the earth and in the souls, He said:
(He knows what is in the heavens and on earth, and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal. And Allah is the All-Knower of what is in the breasts.)
(5. Has not the news reached you of those who disbelieved aforetime And so they tasted the evil result of their disbelief, and theirs will be a painful torment.) (6. That was because there came to them their Messengers with Bayyinat, but they said: “Shall mere men guide us” So they disbelieved and turned away. But Allah was not in need. And Allah is not in need, Worthy of all praise.)
A Warning delivered through mentioning the End of the Disbelieving Nations
Informing about the past nations and the torment and disciplinary lessons that they suffered because of opposing the Messengers and denying the truth. Allah says;
(Has not the news reached you of those who disbelieved aforetime) meaning, information about them and what happened to them,
(And so they tasted the evil result of their disbelief.) They tasted the evil consequences of their denial and sinful actions. And it refers to the punishment and humiliation they received in the life of the world,
(and theirs will be a painful torment.) in the Hereafter, added to the torment they received in this life. Allah explained why;
(That was because there came to them their Messengers with Bayyinat,) supporting arguments, evidence, and clear proofs,
(but they said:”Shall mere men guide us”) They discounted and dismissed the possibility that the Message would be sent to a human and that their guidance would come by the hands of a man like themselves,
(So they disbelieved and turned away.) they denied the truth and turned away from abiding by it,
(But Allah was not in need.) of them,
(And Allah is not need, Worthy of all praise.)
(7. The disbelievers pretend that they will never be resurrected. Say: “Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of what you did; and that is easy for Allah.”) (8. Therefore, believe in Allah and His Messenger and in the Light which We have sent down. And Allah is All-Aware of what you do.) (9. The Day when He will gather you on the Day of Gathering, that will be the Day of At-Taghabun. And whosoever believes in Allah and performs righteous deeds, He will expiate from him his sins, and will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever; that will be the great success.) (10. But those who disbelieved and denied Our Ayat, they will be the dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever. And worst indeed is that destination
Life after Death is True
Allah the Exalted informs about the disbelievers, idolators and the atheists that they claim that they will not be resurrected,
(Say: “Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of what you did…”) meaning, `you will be informed of all of your actions, whether major or minor, big or small,’
(and that is easy for Allah.) `resurrecting and recompensing you is easy for Allah.’ This is the third Ayah in which Allah orders His Messenger to swear by His Lord, the Exalted and Most Honored, that Resurrection occurs. The first is in Surah Yunus,
(And they ask you to inform them: “Is it true” Say: “Yes! By my Lord! It is the very truth! and you can not escape it!”) (10:53), The second is in Surah Saba’,
(Those who disbelieve say: “The hour will not come to us.” Say: “Yes, by my Lord, it will come to you…”) (34:3), and the third is this Ayah,
(The disbelievers pretend that they will never be resurrected. Say: “Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of what you did; and that is easy for Allah.”) Allah the Exalted said,
(Therefore, believe in Allah and in His Messenger and in the Light which We have sent down.) that is, the Qur’an,
(And Allah is All-Aware of what you do.) none of your deeds ever escapes His knowledge.
The Day of At-Taghabun
(The Day when He will gather you on the Day of Gathering,) meaning the Day of Resurrection. This is the Day when the earlier and later generations will all be gathered in one area, a caller would be heard by them all, and one’s vision would easily see them all. Allah said,
(That is the Day whereon mankind will be gathered together, that is a Day when all will be present.) (11:103), and,
(Say: “(Yes) verily, those of old, and those of later times. All will surely be gathered together for appointed meeting of a known Day.”) (56:49-50) Allah’s statement,
(that will be the Day of At-Taghabun) Ibn `Abbas said, “It is one of the names of the Day of Judgement, and that is because the people of Paradise will have gained over the people of the Fire.” Qatadah and Mujahid said similarly. Muqatil bin Hayyan said, “There is no mutual loss and gain greater than these entering Paradise and those being taken to the Fire.” Allah explained His statement saying;
(And whosoever believes in Allah and performs righteous deeds, He will expiate from him his sins, and will admit him to Gardens beneath which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever; that will be the great success. But those who disbelieved and denied Our Ayat, they will be the dwellers of the Fire, to dwell therein forever. And worst indeed is that destination.) We explained these meanings several times before.
(11. No calamity occurs, but by the permission of Allah, and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything.) (12. Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger; but if you turn away, then the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey clearly.) (13. Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa. And in Allah therefore let the believers put their trust.)
All that occurs to Mankind is by Allah’s Permission
Allah informs us as He did in Surat Al-Hadid,
(No calamity occurs on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in a record before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah.) (57:22) Allah said here,
(No calamity occurs, but by the permission of Allah,) Ibn `Abbas said; “By the command of Allah,” meaning from His decree and will.
(and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart. And Allah is the All-Knower of everything.) meaning, whoever suffered an affliction and he knew that it occurred by Allah’s judgement and decree, and he patiently abides, awaiting Allah’s reward, then Allah guides his heart, and will compensate him for his loss in this life by granting guidance to his heart and certainty in faith. Allah will replace whatever he lost for Him with the same or what is better. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported from Ibn `Abbas,
(and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart.) “Allah will guide his heart to certainty. Therefore, he will know that what reached him would not have missed him and what has missed him would not have reached him.” There is an agreed upon Hadith ﴿that Al-Bukhari and Muslim collected and﴾ which states,
(Amazing is the believer: There is no decree that Allah writes for him, but is better for him. If an affliction strikes him, he is patient and this is better for him. If a bounty is granted to him, he is thankful and this is better for him. This trait is only for the faithful believer.)
The Order to obey Allah and His Messenger
(Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger;) Allah commands obedience to Him and to His Messenger in all that His legislates and in implementing His orders. Allah also forbids one from all that His Messenger forbids and prohibits. Allah the Exalted said,
(but if you turn away, then the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey clearly.) meaning, `if you refrain from abiding by the faith, then the Messenger’s mission is to convey and your mission is to hear and obey. ‘Az-Zuhri said, “From Allah comes the Message, its deliverance is up to the Messenger, and the adherence is up to us.”
Allah states that He is the One, Whom all creations need and seek, the One other than Whom there is no (true) God.
(Allah! La ilaha illa Huwa. And in Allah therefore let the believers put their trust.) So, He first informs about Tawhid and its meaning. The implied meaning is to single Him out for deifica- tion, being purely devoted to Him, and relying upon Him, as He said;
(The Lord of the east and the west; La ilaha illa Huwa. So take Him alone as Trustee.) (73:9)
(14. O you who believe! Verily, among your wives and your children there are enemies for you; therefore beware of them! But if you pardon (them) and overlook, and forgive, then verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (15. Your wealth and your children are only a Fitnah, whereas Allah! With Him is a great reward.) (16. So have Taqwa of Allah as much as you can; listen and obey, and spend in charity; that is better for yourselves. And whosoever is saved from his own greed, then they are the successful ones.) (17. If you lend to Allah a handsome loan, He will double it for you, and will forgive you. And Allah is Shakur, Halim,) (18. All-Knower of the unseen and seen, the Almighty, the All-Wise.)
Warning against the Fitnah of Spouses and Offspring
Allah states that some wives and children are enemies to their husbands and fathers, in that they might be busied with them rather than with performing the good deeds. Allah said in another Ayah,
(O you who believe! Let not your properties or you children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that then they are the losers.) (63:9) Allah the Exalted said here,
(therefore, beware of them!) for your religion, according to Ibn Zayd. Mujahid explained the Ayah ,
(Verily, among your wives and your children there are enemies for you;) by saying, “They might direct the man to sever his relation or disobey his Lord. The man, who loves his wives and children, might obey them in this case.” Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Ibn `Abbas said to a man who asked him about this Ayah,
(O you who believe! Verily, among your wives and your children there are enemies for you; therefore beware of them!) “There were men who embraced Islam in Makkah and wanted to migrate to Allah’s Messenger . However, their wives and children refused to allow them. Later when they joined Allah’s Messenger , they found that those who were with him (the Companions) have gained knowledge in the religion, so they were about to punish their wives and children. Allah the Exalted sent down this Ayah,
(But if you pardon (them) and overlook, and forgive, then verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.)” At-Tirmidhi collected this Hadith and said that it is Hasan Sahih. Allah’s statement,
(Your wealth and your children are only a Fintah, whereas Allah! With Him is a great reward.) Allah said that the wealth and children are a test and trial from Allah the Exalted for His creatures, so that He knows those who obey Him and those who disobey Him. Allah’s statement,
(whereas Allah! With Him) meaning, on the Day of Resurrection,
(is a great reward.) As Allah said;
(Beautified for men is the love of things they covet; women children, Qanatir Al-Muqantarah of gold and silver, branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world’s life; but Allah has the excellent return with him.) (3:14), and the Ayah after it. Imam Ahmad recorded that Buraydah said, “The Messenger of Allah was giving a speech and Al-Hasan and Husayn came in wearing red shirts, walking and tripping. The Messenger descended from the Minbar, held them and placed them in front of them and said,
(Allah and His Messenger said the truth,`Verily, your wealth and your children are a Fitnah.’ I saw these two boys walking and tripping and could not be patient until I stopped my speech and picked them up.)” This was recorded by the Sunan compilers, and At-Tirmidhi said, “Hasan Gharib.”
The Order for Taqwa, as much as One is Capable
(So have Taqwa of Allah as much as you can;) meaning, as much as you are able and can bear or endure. The Two Sahihs recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,
(When I command you to do something, do as much as you can of it, and whatever I forbid for you, then avoid it.) Allah’s statement,
(listen and obey,) means, obey what Allah and His Messenger command you to do and do not stray from it to the right or left. Do not utter a statement or make a decision before Allah and His Messenger issue a statement or decision. Do not ignore what you were ordered to do, nor commit what you were forbidden from doing.
Allah the Exalted said,
(and spend in charity; that is better for yourselves.) meaning, give from what Allah has granted you to your relatives, the poor, the needy and the weak. Be kind to Allah’s creatures, just as Allah was and still is kind with you. This will be better for you in this life and the Hereafter. Otherwise, if you do not do it, it will be worse for you in this life and the Hereafter. Allah said;
(And whosoever is saved from his own greed, then they are the successful ones.) This was explained with a similar Ayah in Surat Al-Hashr, where we also mentioned the relevant Hadiths. Therefore, we do not need to repeat them here, all praise and gratitude is due to Allah. Allah the Exalted said,
(If you lend to Allah a handsome loan, He will double it for you, and will forgive you.) meaning, whatever you spend, then Allah will replace it, and on Him will be the reward of whatever you give away in charity. Allah considered giving charity as if it is a loan to Him, just as Allah said in a Qudsi Hadith,
(“Who will give a loan to He Who is neither unjust nor poor”) This is why Allah the Exalted said in Surat Al-Baqarah,
(So that He may multiply it to him many times) (2:245) Allah said;
(and will forgive you.) meaning, He will erase your mistakes,
(And Allah is Shakur) meaning, He gives abundantly in return for what was little,
(Halim) means, He forgives, pardons, covers and absolves the sins, mistakes, errors and shortcomings,
(All-Knower of the unseen and seen, the Almighty, the All-Wise.) Its explanation has already preceded several times.
This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat At-Taghabun, all the praise and appreciation is due to Allah.