Surah Ash-Shu’ara Ayat 124 in Arabic Text
Here you can read various translations of verse 124
When their brother Hud said to them, “Will you not fear Allah?
Behold, their brother Hud said to them: “Will ye not fear (Allah)?
Recall, when their brother Hud said to them: “Have you no fear?
When their brother Hud said to them: “Will you not fear Allah and obey Him?
When their brother Hud said unto them: Will ye not ward off (evil)?
As their brother Hd said to them, “Will you not be pious?
Their brother Hud said to them, ‘Will you not be mindful of God?
Quran 26 Verse 124 Explanation
For those looking for commentary to help with the understanding of Surah Ash-Shu’ara ayat 124, we’ve provided two Tafseer works below. The first is the tafseer of Abul Ala Maududi, the second is of Ibn Kathir.
(26:124) Recall, when their brother Hud said to them: “Have you no fear?
89. In order to understand this discourse of Prophet Houd fully, we should keep in mind the various details about the people of Aad which the Quran has given at different places: For instance, it says:
(1) After the destruction of the people of Noah (Peace be upon him), the Aad were given power and prominence in the world: Do not forget that after Noah’s people your Lord made you the successors. (Surah Al-Aaraf, Ayat 69).
(2) Physically they were very robust and powerful people: And made you very robust. (Surah Al-Aaraf, Ayat 69).
(3)They had no parallel as a nation in the world: The like of which was not created in the lands. (Surah Al-Fajr, Ayat 8).
(4) They were civilized and were well-known in the world for their great skill and art in erecting lofty buildings with tall columns: Have you not seen what your Lord did with Aad lram, of lofty columns? (Surah Al-Fajr, Ayat 6, 7).
(5) This material progress and physical power had made them arrogant and vain: As for Aad, they deviated from the right path and adopted an arrogant attitude in the land and said: Who is mightier than us in power? (Surah Ha Mim Sajdah, Ayat 15) .
(6) Their political power was in the hands of a few tyrants before whom none could dare raise his voice: And they followed and obeyed every tyrannous enemy of the Truth. (Surah Houd, Ayat 59).
(7) They were not disbelievers in the existence of Allah, but were involved in shirk; they only denied that Allah alone should be worshiped and none else: They said (to Houd), Have you come to us (with the demand) that we should worship Allah alone and discard those whom our elders have been worshiping? (Surah Al-Aaraf, Ayat 70).
The tafsir of Surah Ash-Shura verse 124 by Ibn Kathir is unavailable here.
Please refer to Surah Shura ayat 123 which provides the complete commentary from verse 123 through 135.
Quick navigation links